Spicy Kale Chips
May 02, 2013
Everyone wants to know how to make kale chips, now we have a simple answer for you! The IHI team quest for “simple green” recipes to make your spring nutritions and delicious continues! Thank you to our friend Lynsey Walker for her delicious contribution!
1 x bunch of kale, center stem removed. Torn into pieces
1/4 almond butter
1 Tbsp Braggs Amino Acids
1/2 lemon juice
Hot sauce (to taste)
1. Wash & thoroughly dry kale chips
2. Preheat oven to lowest setting (mine was 170)
3. In a large bowl combine almond butter, braggs, lemon and hot sauce until blended well.
4. Toss with kale ensuring all is evenly coated
5. Place kale on a baking sheet in a single layer (use additional baking sheet if needed)
6. Bake with the door slightly open for about 1.5 hours (or until dry and crisp) flipping half way through
Lynsey Walker has a master’s degree in nutritional science and is currently working towards her Registered Holistic Nutrition (RHN) designation. By inspiring people to get back to eating real food, and fostering healthy relationships with what they put in their bodies she is on a mission to shake up the world of nutrition and redefine what it means to eat healthy. For more info, check out her blog.
Leave a Reply