This recipe was kindly sent to us by our friends Tamara Green and Lani Sopman at The Living Kitchen Wellness Group. These inspired ladies offer catering, cooking classes, and coaching packages that are infused with joy, whole foods, Intuitive Nutrition, and fun!
Nothing says celebration like tiny decorative tarts! These tarts are gluten and dairy free, and much more nutritious than the refined sugar and flour variety!
By: The Living Kitchen Wellness Group
- ¾ cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked for 3 hours or overnight)
- 1 ¼ cups dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-4 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour (rice, coconut, oat)
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 3 hours or overnight)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ lemon, juiced
- fresh blueberries and raspberries
1. Blend the tart shell ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add the water gradually, if needed to thin out the mixture.
2. Press tablespoons of the mixture into mini tart pans or muffin tins.
3. Chill the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. You can also store the tarts in the refrigerator overnight.
4. While the tart shells are chilling, blend the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
5. Pour the cashew cream into a pastry bag. Or place the cashew cream into a plastic bag and cut a tiny slit in the edge of the bag (about 5mm).
6. Carefully place the filling inside the tart shells and then place blueberries and raspberries on top.
More information on The Living Kitchen Wellness Group can be found on their website www.livingkitchenwellness.com