There is nothing better than starting your day off on the right foot. Busy people with busy mornings can have a simple breakfast that will fuel the day and fight disease! Here is my favourite combo that is both husband and Baby-B approved!
Paleo Breakfast Muffins
These delicious little muffins make an excellent breakfast. They are nutrient dense and low in refined carbohydrates. Definitely a “no guilt”, “no crash” breakfast you can feel great about.
– 2.5 cups of almond flour
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– ½ tsp of sea salt
– 3 eggs
– 1 mashed ripe banana
– 2 tbsps of honey
– 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
– 2 tbsps of melted coconut oil
– 1 cup frozen raspberries (or fruit of choice)
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Line 12 cups in your muffin tin
– In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, and salt
– In a medium bowl mix the wet ingredients: eggs, banana, honey, vinegar, and oil
– Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well
– Gently mix 1 cup of frozen raspberries into the batter
– Divide the batter evenly into the cups.
– Bake for 18-20 minutes and then cool on a rack for 30 minutes
This delicious detox powerhouse will fuel your morning! It is so simple to make and will get you moving better than coffee!
In a large blender combine:
– 1/3 a cup of parsley
– ½ cup green cabbage chopped
– ½ cup broccoli
– 1 cup of frozen mango
– 1 cup frozen raspberries
Cover with water and blend until smooth! Drink and enjoy!
Dr. Erin Wiley is a naturopathic doctor with a strong focus on preventative and integrative medicine. She is the Co-founder and Clinic Director of the Integrative Health Institute, an integrative medical clinic located in downtown Toronto. Erin has a strong clinical emphasis on stress related illness, anxiety, depression and hormone balance. As a naturopathic doctor, Erin is passionate about working with people to help them better understand their health and achieve their health goals.