Holiday Berry Breakfast Muffins
December 13, 2012
These delicious muffins are perfect for the busy holiday season. They are grain free and low on the glycemic index. The coconut oil makes them anti-inflammatory and dairy free, and the cinnamon helps to balance your blood sugar.
- 4 Cups of almond flour (1 bag of Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour)
- 2 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 2 Tsp of baking soda
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Cup of melted coconut oil
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 Cup of agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 Cups of Frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 x 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients, melted coconut oil, eggs, agave syrup, and vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in frozen raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool before serving and store in an airtight container.
Dr. Erin Wiley is a Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director and Co-Founder of the Integrative Health Institute. Dr. Wiley has a special interest in digestive health, endocrinology and hormone balance with a clinical focus on fertility, menopause, anxiety, depression, healthy weight loss, detoxification and environmental medicine. Dr. Wiley practices downtown Toronto at the corner of King and Sherbourne St.
Leave a Reply