These delicious muffins are perfect for the busy holiday season. They are grain free and low on the glycemic index. The coconut oil makes them anti-inflammatory and dairy free, and the cinnamon helps to balance your blood sugar.
- 4 Cups of almond flour (1 bag of Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour)
- 2 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 2 Tsp of baking soda
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Cup of melted coconut oil
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 Cup of agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 Cups of Frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 x 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients, melted coconut oil, eggs, agave syrup, and vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in frozen raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool before serving and store in an airtight container.
Dr. Erin Wiley is a Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director and Co-Founder of the Integrative Health Institute. Dr. Wiley has a special interest in digestive health, endocrinology and hormone balance with a clinical focus on fertility, menopause, anxiety, depression, healthy weight loss, detoxification and environmental medicine. Dr. Wiley practices downtown Toronto at the corner of King and Sherbourne St.