By: Victoria Yeh
Being gluten free doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy great holiday stuffing!
- Turkey giblets (excluding liver)
- 1 Celery stalk, chopped
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 6 cups Gluten-free bread
- 4 tbsp Butter, melted (use grapeseed oil for a dairy-free version)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp Sage, dried
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cranberries, dried (optional)
- 3/4 – 1 cup Chicken or Turkey broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- The night before, fill a medium-size crockpot 3/4 full with water and add giblets, 1 chopped celery stalk, 1 onion, 1 chopped carrot, and ½ t sea salt & pepper.
- Cook on low overnight. In morning strain liquid and finely chop giblets.
- Spread cubed bread on a cookie sheet and bake at 350ºF for 5 minutes until evenly toasted.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft & clear.
- Add seasonings, chopped apple and dried cranberries. Simmer 5 minutes on low heat. Add chopped giblets.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish. Transfer mixture from skillet. Slowly add broth and mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking dish in oven at 350ºF for 30 minutes uncovered. Transfer to a crockpot, covered on low, until ready to serve. Add more broth or drippings from your turkey if desired for extra flavour.
Please show your support!
Victoria has been nominated for two Natural Health awards as an author and a motivator/educator. Please show your support for this local author and health advocate by casting your vote online. It’s easy and should take less than 5 minutes!
1. Go to http://awards.naturalhealthcare.ca/
2. Click on “create account” (you’ll be emailed a password; your info & nomination is anonymous).
3. Please select the category “Health and Wellness Motivator / Educator” & “Health & Wellness Author” and click “vote” for Victoria Yeh
Thank you for your support!
About Victoria Yeh, Author
Victoria Yeh is Toronto based public speaker, consultant and author of Where Do I Start? Your Essential Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Sugar-Free Food Allergy Cookbook and owner of Gluten-Free Toronto. For over eleven years, she has lived with multiple food intolerances to wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, corn and yeast. With the launch of her book, video series and personal Skype cooking lessons, Victoria is setting out to help educate others on how to adapt to their specific dietary needs and achieve greater health. Her book and lessons can be purchased directly from www.glutenfreeliving.ca.
Victoria’s book, Where Do I Start? Your Essential Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Sugar-Free Food Allergy Cookbook is available at the Integrative Health Institute in Downtown Toronto at the corner of King and Sherbourne.