Delicious Dill Quinoa Salad – Gluten Free
This is one of my favourite salads. It is packed with flavour and nutrition. For those with food sensitivities, it is both gluten free and dairy free. It is very simple to make and a great recipe for large groups and family gatherings. The leftovers get better with age, and make a healthy lunch that keeps well in the fridge. Eat well and enjoy life!
- 1 bunch of dill (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (diced or use little cherry tomatoes)
- 1 block (approximately 175g) of goat-feta cheese (diced or crumbled)
- 1 cup of pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups quinoa (dry) + 3 cups of water
Rinse quinoa to remove the bitter saponins. In a medium size pot bring quinoa to a boil with three cups of water. Once boiling, turn to low heat and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Once quinoa has cooked, uncover and allow it to cool. In a large bowl, toss the tomato, olives, cucumber, dill, and feta with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the cooled quinoa to the mixture and toss well.
Leave a Reply