IHI is celebrating the holiday season the healthy way! We will be posting a new healthy holiday recipe to our blog each week, so stay tuned for some healthy inspiration.
This recipe comes to us from Irene Liu, CNP, NNCP. and our friends at the Naked Label!
From The Naked Label: 10 Amazing Recipes That Will Help You Look Good Naked by Briana Southward and Irene Liu.
Makes approximately 12 pieces
- 6 tbsp extra virgin
- 7 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt coconut oil if it is not liquid.
- Add liquid coconut oil and all the other ingredients into a mixing bowl (leaving aside 1 of the 7 tbsp of shredded coconut to use as the topping). Stir ingredients until well combined.
- Use a spoon to scoop out small chunks of the mixture and place onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp of shredded coconut on top of each chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until the chocolate is solid. Enjoy!
The greatest gift you can give yourself is good health! Enjoy and have fun this holiday season!
Click here for more information on The Naked Label